Here's my latest original, a Napoleonic cavalryman from the Elite Gendarmes a' cheval. The pose is similiar to the American dragoon I built recently
but I could find no other that would suit this fellow.
So I changed it a bit and had his free hand tucked into his coat tail pocket. I think this added to his jaunty stance.
The head is from Hornet and the body built up with Aves. Kneadatite was used for the buttons and cords. The saber and scabbard are from thick plastic card which, btw, took FOREVER to shave down! For swords, I like to use thicker card. The more dense the plastic the more durable the piece to work with.
All painted with acrylics.
Sorry for the poor pics.
Tiny treasure from a Battle of Franklin hot spot
5 hours ago