Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ahab

Here's the finished "Ahab". All painted with acrylics. I added a scar to his head, per Gregory Peck's character in the 1950's movie "Moby Dick". Which, by the way, I watched a dozen time while working on this model!

I labeled the cask "SAIL MAKER", again, picked up from the movie. Just what that means, I have no idea.

I gave the hatch a chipped paint look. I think it helps make the whale design hinge pop.

I have one more item to add as soon as I figure out how to build it. Right now, I'm going to take a break and start on a project, which will no doubt take all summer to complete.

Thanks for following.















7 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Great job on the figure. I'm sure the barrel was just full of supplies for the ship's sailmaker. Can't wait to see the next project. ~Gary

Joe said...

Hey Jason,

Looks really nice. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

Joe

Jason said...

Thanks Gary and Joe!

Joe, I didn't know you were blogging too. Thanks for visiting!

Gary, thanks. You'll like the next project. It's a Rev War vignette with some big names in it.

Jason

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Sounds great, I can't wait. If you need anything just shoot me an Email. ~Gary

Jason said...

Gary,

I'm sure I'll be picking your brain in the next week or so.
Be warned:)

Jason

Joe said...

Hey Jason,

Yeah, decided to take the my shot at the blog monster!

I am also looking forward to seeing this one myself!

Joe

Radek Pituch said...

Hi Jason
Cool idea with the figure and a neat finish too.
Johnny Quest's tune reminds me of my school days when I used to watch it a dozen times...:)

Radek

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.