Here's a little sbs on the vase. I started out by digging through my spares for an appropriate "bowl" for the vase. I believe this piece is from Historex. I carved off the orginal handles and glued to a round plastic pole. The pole was a Tamiya telegraph or phone pole. It had just the right thickness to be an armature for putty work.
Once glued, I worked putty around the pole to give to give it a vase form. Once cured, I carefully carved and sanded to shape. The handles are brass rod I bent to shape and glued to sides.
I didn't use any picture reference for the vase. I just built what I thought would look convincing. It must have worked, because no one has come up and said "this isn't early 20th century, southern Bolivian, rural, creek bottom mud pottery!"
12 hours ago