Here's the finished sculpt. I will post closer pics of each figure later.
As for the base, the amount of putty used to cover it was much smaller than I had planned. I applied the putty in sections, starting with the back, working my way to the sides, top and foreground, adding debris and texturing with a rough stone as I went.
The gabions are from Armand Bayardi. He makes really neat model accessories. Very detailed and are wonderful additions to a vigentte/dio.
I used three whole gabions and one half. I could have used four half's but using "whole" pieces adds a little more depth.
More later. Thanks for following.
First Day of the Somme......
16 hours ago