Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Painted Trooper...First Version

Here's the painted piece. He's not finished because I have it on pretty good authority that shoulder belt is not correct and should be the same color as the waist belt and void of lions head, chain and shield.

The wine glass was a bit tricky. What I did was take the butt end of a drill bit, visualized the depth I wanted the glass well to be and taped the end of the drill bit. I coated the end with Vaseline and mixed two batches of 3-Minute epoxy. One mix had a drop of acrylic paint (Vallejo Hull Red) the other plain. Naturally I didn't have alot of time to play. I coated the bit, first with the colored epoxy then the clear.
It took me six times to get an o.k. looking glass. The stem is thin wire and base clear plastic card. Both covered with epoxy. The red wine is not that bright in person. Same with the trooper's jacket, it's a much darker forest green.

Thanks for following and stay tuned.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Trooper, 5th Chasseurs a Cheval

Here's my latest. It's a tropper with the French 5th Chasseurs a' Cheval during the Napoleonic Wars. It's based on a study by Keith Rocco.
The table wedgie is made of plastic card.

Painted pics coming soon....

Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Pros Painted Pics

Here's more pics of the "Pros from Dover". I should mention that Lauzun's uniform, if most havn't already guessed, is totally made up. There are several images, from different artist, depicting the Duc and none agree with each other. Some have him with a moustache and fur cap! As there is only one knowm image of the Lauzun, and it shows him neither a uniform or having a moustache. Therefore, I took a little from each artist rendition and made my own intrepretation of what he looked like at the siege of Yorktown! No doubt, this whole project was fun to create and probably one of the more satisifying large pieces I've done to date.

Up next is a piece inspired by Keith Rocco Napoleonic subject.

Thanks for following. Stay tuned.

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Pros...Painted

Here's the finished piece. What a work out! I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.

The pics are as good as it gets for now. I hope you all like. I'll post more pics later.

Thanks for following.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.