Saturday, September 20, 2008

Clark's Illinois Regiment, 1782

Here's my latest original. It will be donated to the MMSI figure auction this October. It was inspired by Don Troiani's study.

I tried to come up with an original pose too. As you can see, cleaning one's pipe dosn't exactly make a figure "pop". But it's one that was common while in camp, or at rest during a march. And I don't believe I've seen one like it in figure form.

These men where issued with French made royal blue coats (it's much darker in person) and carried Spanish made muskets.

The head is from Hornet and the Musket is a Shenandoah conversion.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jason,

Your doing some great updates lately.
I (again) like this figure very much.
Very original.

greets from holland and all the best,
Robert Jan

Jason said...

Hi Robert Jan,

Thank you for the kind words. I have a couple more projects that I'll post in the next week or so.

Jason

Gary Dombrowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, Awesome, awesome piece! You really nailed the cut of the coat here. I also really like the "cheese box" canteen, blanket roll, and fan-tail hat. Great stuff pard. If I hit the POWERBALL I'll phone in my bid.lol~Gary

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.