Friday, January 3, 2014

Well, I've spent the better part of two hours "Labeling" my old post and I'm no where near finished!...I know, I should have done this from the start. Anyway, hopefully, this helps the viewer navigate. Thanks again to all those who visit my blog. It's only because of you that I continue to share my work. I was testing the waters of posting my projects on Facebook, but I can't fathom the thought of sharing my hard work, and having it mixed with posts of funny cat pictures, political garbage and what people are having for dinner that night. Perhaps it's vanity with that mindset, but to me it somehow cheapens ones hard work to express socially like that. This is not an easy hobby and should have an appropriate venue. Not many of our "friends" really appreciate this hobby anyway. Don't get me wrong, I respect all those who choose to use FB to show their projects, and I enjoy seeing the wonderful work with it's convenience. In the years to come, FB will probably win me over, but for now most of my work will remain here. Key word "most" :)

2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, If you do anything showing the process of sculpting or painting the blog is the better of the two IMO. I do like the FB picture/ album section which is nice for showing off your work. If folks go just to your page to see your feeds/ threads the you stuff won't be lost among the clutter of someone else's newsfeed. ~Gary

Jason said...

I was thinking of creating a page just for figures, but change is a hard thing for me. I'm still not sold on FB yet for that kind of move. Too many years invested here. I spend too much time scrolling that site as it is. This blog has become the home away from home.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.