Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 6 of self-imposed art, model and crafting challenge.



Working on a little bit of everything today. This morning was the "Bunker Hill" vignette, then onto finishing up my impi of "Unmarried" Zulus for, hopefully, a game with my son this weekend. Gave Captain "Slim" a liberal coat of Mod Podge to give some protection and sealing of the surface. I took Cap out to the pole barn office and sat him in front of a fan and an ancient space heater to thoroughly dry. May get a chance to prime him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

You’re covering a lot of bases today (yesterday) . The vignette looks great. I’m digging the somewhat abstract approach you’ve taken with painting your gaming minis. Your Captain “slim” reminds me of the one offs the late Ron Tunisian sculpted for many years. Thanks for all the neat things to peruse.

Jason said...

I've learned once they're on the table you really can't distinguish much. It all becomes blobs of color. I try to put just enough detail to making them attractive and "pop" a little. My Zulus are actually pretty hideous when viewed up close, but you put them all together and they're pretty impressive. Cap "Slim" was a fun project. May start painting him tomorrow.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.